College Ready Writers Program
CRWP: Argument Writing
Dates: Thursday, Sept 9
Thursday, Sept 21
Thursday, Oct 5
*Districts are asked to cover cost of subs.
*Monthly follow-up meetings (evening) TBA and online.
To Register for HSU Extended Education Units: http://www2.humboldt.edu/extended/registration.html
An RWP Open Institute Focusing on Argument Writing
The CRWP Institute is open to middle and high school teachers and literacy coaches who are interested in effective ways to teach students to analyze multiple perspectives, to evaluate evidence, and to construct well-reasoned arguments about important contemporary issues.
- join an enthusiastic, collegial, and collaborative learning community;
- read and discuss a variety of resources about source-based argument writing;
- study and adapt CRWP lessons and formative assessment tools for use in their own classrooms;
- have access to print and digital support including NWP webinars; and,
- receive a $400 stipend from RWP with the opportunity to purchase three units of HSU College of Extended Learning credit.
Dates: Thursday, September 7
Thursday, September 21
Thursday, October 5
Location: Humboldt County Office of Education, Madrone Conference Room
Apply: Please email us at email@example.com the below information by Friday, May 26th
- Level(s) teaching 2017-18
- Subject(s) teaching for 2017-18
Twelve to fifteen participants will be accepted to the CRWP Institute.
HSU Extended Education Units Offered
- Cost: $240 for 3.0 units
- Online registration and credit card payment information will be provided on the first day of the workshop session for those seeking credit for professional development.
- Go to HSU’s College of Extended Learning to register