Fall Literacy Conference
Fall 2017 Literacy Conference
Saturday, September 30, 2017
Humboldt State University
Founders Hall Building
Conference Sessions 9:00-4:00
Closing Session for unit 4:00-4:30
Best Literacy Practices Through Research-Based Strategies
Keynote: Amy K. Conley, English Teacher, Fortuna High School
Author of: Teachers, Mindset, Motivation and Mastery Research Translated to K-12 Practices. Amy will speak about positive psychology, mastery, purpose, connection, motivation and how it connects to our classrooms.
Sample Session Topics: Genre Writing, Parent Involvement in Literacy, Writing Across Content Areas, Reflective Practices, and Teaching for Transfer.
Date & Time: Saturday, September 30, 2017, 8:30am-4:30pm
Location: Humboldt State University Founders Hall
- General Registration: $75
- RWP TC, CATE, BTSA, $65; (Please bring CATE/BTSA membership info to registration/check-in.)
- Current HSU or CR student $40. (Please bring current student ID to registration/check-in.)
- On-site registration is available on conference day for an additional $20.
College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences Students: Lisa Bond-Maupin, the new Dean of the College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences (CAHSS), has graciously agreed to sponsor a limited amount of seats for this year’s Literacy Conference. If you are a student within CAHSS, you may contact our office directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with the below information and we will register you for the Literacy Conference. Spaces are limited and are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Reserve your space now!
Please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- Your Name
- Class ranking (frosh, sophomore, junior, senior, graduate)
- Student ID number
Invoicing: If your school or district would like to pay for their teaching staff or paraprofessionals to attend, invoicing is a payment option. Redwood Writing Project is happy to assist you with invoicing as a payment option. Please have the business manager, principal or superintendent send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of those that wish to register. Include the participant’s name, email, and grade/subject currently teaching as well as the contact information for the person who handles business at your school or district.
HSU Extended Education Units Offered:
- Cost: $40 for 0.5 unit available
- Online unit registration and credit card payment information will be completed on site, during the conference’s closing session. Please bring Visa or Master card for unit payment online.